What is it with celebrities nowadays? Expensive cars are not only a status symbol, they are a necessity. It is almost as if the higher priced the car, the more a person’s celebrity status is validated. And one car is often not enough. Each car must be pampered and preened. One San Diego auto detail shop I know had to hire more professionals to handle the high volume of business, much of which stemmed from celebrities and movie stars. For struggling actors who must eat crappy food and work at crappy jobs, such wretched excess might be viewed as a negative. Wrong! Actors don’t begrudge the good life to celebrities – they want a piece of it for themselves.
Here are a few examples of how celebrities use their wealth to treat themselves to the most desirable rides in the universe:
- Scott Disick is a reality star from Planet Kardashian. He already owns a pretty nice automobile collection, but he’s just added a deep blue Rolls Royce Phantom to his stable. This classy beauty set him back a cool half-million. Some backbiters have suggested he is only renting the car. We say “grow up!”
- Speaking of things Kardashian, Kim is sporting a shiny new black Lamborghini Aventador. Rumor has it that Kanye West got it for her as a little gift. We think gifts are nice, don’t you?
- Usain Bolt hails from Jamaica, where he established himself as a world-class road runner. For some reason, he hates the E92 BMW M3 he owns. What other explanation can there be for crashing it not once, but two times? The first time was in 2009, when he ran the car into a ditch. Apparently, he was departing a Jamaican party in great haste when the latest accident occurred. Hey Usain, what’s the rush?
- Rap star Dizzee Rascal just had laser eye surgery to correct his vision. Now that he can see well, what is he looking at? Well, our guess is his custom made red Ferrari. He had to either get his eyes fixed or give up driving, so he obviously made the right decision, even though it forced him to stop smoking weed. What up, Dog?
- Following in Justin Bieber’s tiny footsteps, Emmanuel Adebayor has purchased a Fisker Karma – a car for tree-huggers. This latest acquisition will help his Aston Martin DBS from getting lonely.
- Finally, when no one is looking, Queen Elizabeth II tootles around London in her Range Rover. Your Majesty!